Thursday, November 5, 2009

Apple Crisp Recipe. Hymn that Needs Music...



I love artsy, creative things, especially done with stone, ceramic tile, etc. Here is part of a wall just one street west of Hawthorne's Baghdad Theatre, (the first house in on the left, I believe) that is one of my favorite things. I also write poetry, and have included one recently written, below. I am asking the public to write music for it, and send it to me, so I can decide what fits the words best. It is written as an answer to a daughter's broken heart after her partner died, the friend who finds himself lonely after divorce and myself and others who sometimes wonder about the suffering of feeling alone.

You can send an MP-3 recording to: leangreencafe@yahoo.com or to
pamcohenmsw@gmail.com. I can also send a mailing address if you'd rather send it by CD or tape.
If I choose your music, and the song is sold, you will enjoy a portion of any profit. Send the percentage you'd like for negotiation, with your music. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

When sunlight drifts to open shadows
You'll someday look up to find
That you were loved. Surely watched over
And sorrow will be left behind.
Who knows why the journey taken
When those tears wash down your face
But peace waits and all desires
Granted, comfort in His grace.
Faith is hardest kept in valleys
Though we reach, we fail the mark
But all along the light won't falter,
Constant love amid the dark.
Where to look for arms to hold us
When to lay our burdens down
Joy is waiting like a jewel
As we surrender, we are crowned.

Pamela Cohen
10:46 10-26-09


Now for that Apple Crisp recipe I promised. (I sometimes get lost amid the remodeling, etc.)
5 cups cored, sliced apples (Most people peel them)
Mix in 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 cup water if apples aren't juicy
Put in greased baking dish. I used a Pyrex oval 2qt.
Mix: 1 cube softened butter or margarine. (I use butter.)
1/2 cup each, brown sugar and old fashioned oats
1/3 cup flour
Chopped walnuts or pecans if desired
Sprinkle mixture over apples in the baking dish.
Bake at 350* degrees for 45 min. or until apples are tender.
Serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or plain.

No comments: